What Causes Underarm Darkening? How does it go?
What causes underarm darkening? What are the solution methods? You are in the right place for all your questions!
We discuss the biggest factor that makes wearing short-sleeved clothes a nightmare for us women in the summer: Underarm darkening. This skin problem can become such that it can sometimes make us feel insecure. Mostly, we prefer to wear long clothes so that the dark spots on our armpits are not visible. However, there is a solution to this problem. So come together “Why does underarm turn dark?”, “What to do as a solution to underarm darkening?” Let’s see the answers to your questions!
What Causes Underarm Darkening?
Underarm darkening is a skin problem that occurs as a result of the dark appearance of the melanin pigment, which gives color to the skin, due to various reasons. Many factors can be mentioned that cause darkening. If we list them in the most general way;
- Irritation of the skin as a result of using extremely hot wax during the hair removal process,
- The occurrence of friction on the skin due to excessive sweating problem,
- Irritations seen as a result of frequent razor hair removal,
- genetic factors,
- Preferring tight clothes made of synthetic material,
- The use of cosmetic products that contain alcohol and are used against sweating,
- The effect of some hormonal drugs,
It seems that many factors such as Therefore, if you have underarm darkening, you can understand the cause of this problem by considering the items listed above and take your precautions accordingly. So, what to do to get rid of this problem?
How Is Underarm Darkening Treated?
There are many methods that can be applied for underarm darkening. However, we recommend that you consult with your dermatologist beforehand and determine the right treatment method with your doctor. Apart from this, the methods of protection that you can apply yourself are as follows;
– Laser Hair Removal Can Be Helpful: Underarm darkening can be reduced with laser epilation. These applications, which you can prefer instead of waxing and razor, provide permanent hair reduction. Thus, while darkening is not seen on the skin, the skin is opened day by day with the effect of the laser.
– Botox For Sweating: Excessive sweating triggers the formation of bacteria in the armpit. Bacteria is one of the number 1 causes of darkening. Taking advantage of needle botox, which is a medical procedure to prevent sweating under the armpit, will prevent excessive sweating.
– Avoid Synthetic Clothing: It is important that the armpits breathe. Wearing clothes made of tight and synthetic materials all the time triggers the formation of sweat and therefore bacteria in this area. This causes dark spots to form.
– Be Careful in Choosing Deodorant: Antiperspirant deodorants are among our favorite cosmetic products with their pleasant scents. However, it is also a fact that these products, which contain alcohol, do not make the armpits sweat, but they prepare the ground for the formation of dark spots on the skin. Therefore, you can eliminate this problem by choosing products with clean ingredients.
– Use Blemish Lightening Cream: The use of cream for underarm darkening is also one of the treatments recommended by dermatologists. You can also lighten the skin color by using these creams that contain skin peeling components. For this option, you should consult a dermatologist, and we recommend that you do not use the creams you see on the internet without question.
– Carbon Peeling Method: In this process, which is one of the methods applied on skin opening from aesthetic centers, the skin is peeled and opened.
By choosing one of these treatment and prevention methods, you can get rid of underarm darkening.
Does Underarm Darkening Go away with Natural Remedies?
Although there are some natural remedies recommended for dark underarms, especially on the internet, we recommend that you do not apply such applications to your skin. Do not forget that any ingredient whose effect, reaction to the skin has not been checked and approved can cause unwanted problems on the skin. Therefore, it is useful to protect yourself from these procedures, which can result in a wide variety of problems such as allergic reactions. Our recommendation will be that you prefer products known in the market and turn to products or procedures that your dermatologist will recommend to you. In this way, you will have adopted an effective treatment method for underarm darkening.
Deodorant recommendations for armpit hygiene
Garnier Mineral Magnesium Ultra Dry Deodorant
If you expect instant dryness from a deodorant, Garnier Mineral Magnesium Ultra Dry Deodorant We suggest you try it. It is 4 times more absorbent than talc, which is obtained from natural rocks and found in normal deodorants. magnesium It provides instant dryness and provides uninterrupted protection for up to 72 hours.
Vichy Antiperspirant Roll-on for Sensitive Skin
This roll-on, which was formulated considering the needs of sensitive skin, can be used easily after epilation. You can use it with peace of mind with its alcohol-free, hypoallergenic formula.